We are a Missionary Congregation of women rooted in a Trinitarian Spirituality. As Servants of the Holy Spirit, we love and honour the Holy Spirit in a special way, centring our prayer and heart to the voice of God the Holy Spirit’s inspiration. As an international Congregation we share our lives in communities, some large and some small, but always hoping that it is international so that we can witness to the presence of the Triune God in the World who wishes all to be saved and come to the knowledge of the truth. We were founded in 1889 in Steyl, Holland, by St. Arnold Janssen and Blessed Helena Stollenwerk and Blessed Hendrina Stenmans, all from Germany. We are at the moment just over 3000 sisters working in more than 50 countries around the World.
Our common Congregational characteristics are:
- Trinitarian Spirituality with a special emphasis on the Holy Spirit as the source of life-giving relationships.
- International, multicultural and trying to adapt to the culture of the people among whom we live.
- Ready to be sent anywhere
- Ready to serve.
- In our missionary task we make an effort to cooperate in the Church’s mandate of proclaiming the Good News to all the Nations. We are called to move out to places where Jesus has not yet been recognized in the people’s lives or are in need of the freedom that Jesus brings. We go to places where we are most needed and to peoples who are not being reached by others.
- We do not forget those from countries where the faith has grown tired and the people are in need of a new life in the Holy Spirit.